Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day Two: Road Kill


7-22-09

I have never seen so much road kill and such a variety of animals too. Yes, these are the things I notice and think about while driving. I saw fox, crow, and raccoon road kill today. There were so many raccoon ones that I seriously considered keeping a tally.

Despite the road kill, I enjoyed a pretty, quaint drive. 70 West from Maryland to Pennsylvania was a treat! There were many farms with loads of steer and gorgeous horses. There were mountain areas and my ears popped a few times which is always fun. HA! I drove 5 hours today. Not too bad. I am staying for two days in a cute little town called Northeast, Pennsylvania. Lake Erie is 5 minutes away. I didn't get here until 6:30 tonight, but I made my way to see Lake Erie so I could get some pics. Tomorrow I am going to Presque Isle for a scenic drive and swim if the weather is nice. Today was gorgeous with the sun going in and out of the clouds while I drove. I opened the sun roof and darkened my tan! Yes, I put on sunblock.

After driving two days solid, I am looking forward to being in one place for a day or two. Friday afternoon I will move on to somewhere in New York. I haven't decided where yet.

I have not gone to Bob Evans or any of the other restaurants that are everywhere in this state. One goal of this trip is to get a beverage at Sonic. I have been seeing the commercials forever and am now on a mission.

I put a couple of pictures on this blog, but my facebook page has all of them in an album entitled Road Trip.

More tomorrow. I feel like road kill and need some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment