Monday, July 20, 2009

Leaving Tomorrow Morning

7-20-09
Ever been to a AAA office? It is an amazing resource! I now have two bags filled with fold out maps and travel books for all the states I may go to during my road trip. They were all free with membership. I can't wait to get started tomorrow and plan to take pictures and blog along the way. My friend suggested the blogging along the way part, and I was resistant at first. I guess it is a great way to let my parents know I am o.k. and capture my trip for posterity at the same time! I just wonder who else would give a crap about my travels. HA!

Now I am thinking that I want to visit all 50 states before I die. I have quite a few years to get it done! I have not been to many states. I don't count airport stopovers.

I've been to Massachusetts (born and raised), Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Maine, Vermont, New York, New Jersey (Atlantic City only), Florida( not counting the childhood trip which went through just about all the east coast states), California (lived there for 10 years), Arizona, Nevada...twelve! By this Sunday I will most likely be able to add Maryland, Pennsylvania and Ohio. Man, I have some traveling to do!

I am mostly packed. I have one tote that is all set for a beach visit with a towel, suntan lotion and a hat (it will go in the trunk). I have another tote that has snacks and my planner (front seat!). In addition I have the two AAA bags in the front on the floor. Then I have my bigger gym bag with clothes etc. needed for the week (going in the trunk) and my laptop in a carrying bag (going in the trunk). Of course, I will have my purse and I will also be bringing my pillow! I opted not to bring the cooler. I can just stop and get a fresh cold water, etc, when needed. Who cares about any of this? HA!

First stop tomorrow, Montclair, New Jersey for lunch with my childhood friend Erica. She works at a museum which I will check out before heading out for my next destination. Not sure where I will go next. I may visit my cousin in Bethesda, MD. Have to call him to see if he is around.

I'll see where my instinct/intuition takes me.

1 comment: