Friday, July 24, 2009

Day Four: Ithaca is Gorges continued

Had a beautiful, scenic drive on 86 East today from PA to NY. I took some pics of Chautauqua Lake (put on Facebook) that was on the way. Great rest area with scenic view of the lake.

It only took me about 3 hours and 15 minutes to get to Ithaca. I have been VERY lucky so far with the traffic...there has been practically no one on the road these past few days! I feel that might change since tomorrow is the weekend. Yikes!

So I arrived in Ithaca around 2:30 or so. Got settled in my room and went back out to the visitor's center to find out where I could go for a swim. The weather was hot and sunny this afternoon. Yeah! The sweet girl at the center told me that I should go to the Robert H. Treman State Park where I could swim under a waterfall. I was psyched! I changed into my bathing suit in the rest room at the center and headed over to the park. See the pictures below. I am in one of them...the lifeguard did not do a great job. HA! You can barely see me.

I grew up swimming in the frigid waters of Nantasket Beach, MA. This water was warmer, but not by much! It was very refreshing. Fresh water swimming is great because you don't have the salt or the chlorine factor. Amazing!

There was a diving board for people to jump into the deeper areas. I passed on that due to my knee issues. I did go over to the fall and under it. FUN! I recommend it to EVERYONE!

Tomorrow I am going to put my home address into my GPS as my destination. I will drive for 3-4 hours and see where I am. Then get hotel reservations that are within an hour of that location. That will be my Saturday. I will check out whichever area I end up in and hopefully find something fun to do. That will be my Saturday. Sunday will be drive until I get home! WOOHOO!

Ithaca is gorges!

No comments:

Post a Comment