Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day Five: Summer Fun at Lake George

"These smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun." This is the Red Hot Chili Peppers lyric that really spoke to me today while driving to Lake George. I have been enjoying my CDs all week, but this one song was just right for the moment. My sun roof was open and it was noon, so the sun was hitting me directly. AH!

I left Ithaca this morning and plan to go back soon! It took me about 3 hours and 30 minutes to get to Lake George. I arrived at 2:00 and parked right across the street from the beach for $8. Totally worth it. The beach was really nice and the water was a bit warmer than at the falls. I went in the water a few times and sat in my CVS beach chair and read the rest of the time. I also did some major people watching. :-)

I left the beach at 4:30 so that I could drive to my hotel and get checked in. As expected, the hotel was conveniently 10 minutes south of Lake George. Tomorrow I will visit Saratoga Springs which is about 10 minutes south of my hotel. Then I will head home to Burlington and my cats!

I have had such a fun time and could go another two weeks! I am made for the road. I must have been a trucker in a past life. I really enjoy driving and checking out new areas, scenery, etc. Next area for road trip? Hmmmm..... Probably more of the Great Lakes region!

No comments:

Post a Comment