Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day Six: That's a Big 10-4


Happy to be home but kind of sad too. I loved driving and deciding each day where to go and what to do. I will definitely do this kind of trip again, but hopefully for longer so that I can see more! I squeezed in some gems in the short time I was on the road.

Top 5 Rank:

1. Ithaca, Lower Falls!

2. Presque Isle (Not a beach day, that would have made it even better! A few beaches on the isle. If I stayed longer I would have rented a bike there and spent some of the day exploring that way.)

3. Lake George

4. The drive from Maryland to Erie (gorgeous!)

5. Saratoga Springs near the track, having to stop in the road for horses to cross. Brought back memories of Foxboro Race Track!


Today I won $50.00 at Saratoga Gaming and Racing. Then I went to Saratoga Spa State Park to take some pics of the beautiful environs and see the geysers. I have to say that the geysers were a bit of a disappointment. They were very small! It was still a relaxing, scenic visit.

I left for home at 12:00. On the Mass Pike I hit the only traffic of the entire trip. Is anyone surprised? It took about an hour to get from Sturbridge to Charlton. I opened the sun roof and took advantage of the time. One guy jumped out of his car and ran down into the woods to relieve himself. When he came back up, I clapped for him. He bowed. Too funny!

So, I'm done travel blogging for now. More travels to come...peace out.

5 comments:

  1. You should say which states you were in. When you say "Ithaca", I assume NY? When you say Presque Isle, I assume ME? And no clue where Lake George is! OO, you should make a map of the whole route!

    And it's Saratoga SPRINGS, not geysers, that's why you saw mineral hot springs instead of Yellowstone Park-like geysers! I love Saratoga!

    Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There WERE geysers, the signs said so. There were also springs in the park. Lake George is about 10 minutes north of Saratoga Springs and I mentioned that in an earlier post. :-) The Today show is reporting from there today which means they were filming the segments while I was there. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO I looked it up and it seems that they were springs that they called geysers. Ex. Geyser Sprouter, etc. Strange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I did not see "hot springs", I saw cold water spouting up out of the ground which was like a mini geyser. Again, very confusing as to what it was. Don't call it a geyser if it isn't one! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Misnomer?

    http://www.cardcow.com/12957/island-spouter-geyser-park-saratoga-springs-new-york-saratoga-springs/

    ReplyDelete